Utility Companies raise their rates
because so many homes are Going Solar.
This means less transmission and distribution fees, right?
- In summer during the daytime is also when sun is high and mighty. This is when we sell at Summer time Rates.
- In winter, we will buy this energy back at a lower cost per kWh.
In the meantime:
- PG&E thanks us for becoming solution to a problem.
- The grid benefits from our help.
- Solar installation allows us to become mini-energy factories supporting the grid rather than strictly consumers who buy buy buy.
- It becomes more of a give and take mutual partnership with limited seating.
I have an electric vehicle,
but don’t charge at home, so I won’t benefit much from solar.
A. Electric bill of $50 or more, expect
- Save money.
- Invest almost all the dollar amount previously paid to utility company will now go into an asset you own.
- Feel more in control.
B. Electric Vehicle Rate Plan.
- This is a Time Of Use Rate Plan.
- Only EV owners qualify for this plan.
- You need to document VIN number with utility company.