Utility Companies raise their rates because so many homes are Going Solar.
In the meantime:
- We get grandfathered for 20 years.
- PG&E thanks us for becoming solution to a problem.
- The grid benefits from our help.
- Solar installation allows us to become mini-energy factories supporting the grid rather than strictly consumers who buy buy buy.
- It becomes more of a give and take mutual partnership with limited seating.
This means less transmission and distribution fees, right?
- In summer during the daytime is also when sun is high and mighty. This is when we sell at Summer time Rates.
- In winter, we will buy this energy back at a lower cost per kWh.
I have an electric vehicle, but don’t charge at home, so I won’t benefit much from solar.
A. Electric bill of $50 or more, expect
- Save money.
- Invest almost all the dollar amount previously paid to utility company will now go into an asset you own.
- Feel more in control.
B. Electric Vehicle Rate Plan.
- This is a Time Of Use Rate Plan.
- Only EV owners qualify for this plan.
- You need to document VIN number with utility company.
- PG&E, allows us to sell our over-production in Peak hours during summer daytime for up to 3X as much as you buy it back for during Off peak hours.
- Off peak is nighttime, weekends and winter.